If you spend any time at all on social media you quickly arrive at the conclusion that seemingly the entire universe is going through a fasting / juicing/cleanse detox. Sadly these approaches rarely mesh seamlessly with our hectic, always-on-the-go lives and generally involve a heightened level of misery, which kind of defeats the purpose.
If you’ve struggled with an array of assorted diets crash fasting and a perilous body image, your typical “detox” may be more harmful than beneficial. Tap into the positive benefits of a homemade detox with these seven tips for a natural detox Tap into the positive benefits of a homemade detox with these seven tips for a natural detox:
1. Load Up On Natural Foods
Whether you detoxing for weight loss or just looking to detox your body naturally, you do not need an extreme diet. Choose whole foods your body can digest and metabolize easily and avoid fried or processed temptation. Think:
- Seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables
- Chicken or turkey (organic free-range)
- Fish (wild-caught)
- Eggs (cage-free and organic)
- Whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds.
2. Ditch Trigger Foods
These evil temptations can ruin your digestion, starving your body of energy. Dial up healthy replacements and your body will naturally bounce back once you wean it off:
- Potato chips
- French fries
3. Take A Hard Look At Your Hydration
Staying sensibly hydrated is a precursor for a natural body cleanse. Say goodbye to:
- Flagging metabolism and
- Problem skin
Replace these with a range of detox-friendly alternatives especially if you are looking to detox for weight loss:
- Pure filtered water
- Green tea
- Hot lemon water, particularly first thing in the morning
4. Revisit Your Sleep Routine
Quality sleep is fundamental to an effective homemade detox. Don’t just get more sleep opt for quality sleep.
- Obsess over your smartphone 2 hours before sleep time
- Read your tablet late at night
- East late or
- Drink coffee or alcohol 2 hours before sleep time
- Turn off technology
- Use earplugs and eye masks
- Try healthy detox baths with Epsom salts and lavender
5. Exercise Is A Thing
Sometimes the simplest forms of exercise are the best for a natural detox cleanse:
- Gentle jog
- Bike ride
- Yoga and
These help your body to move in ways that release tension and improves your recovery.
6. Reduce Stress
When you’re constantly stressed, your body naturally responds with an instinctive fight-or-flight response. This plays havoc with your body’s natural ways of detoxing, cleansing and digesting.
Be sure to include whatever works best for managing your stress be it:
- Music (no denying the calming influences of Mozart or Beethoven) or
- Watching movie / television (non-violent content please)
7. Eat Three Meals A Day
Eating regularly during the day without snacking in between allow your body to digest your food helping your healthy food to detox and heal your body. So minimize snacking and enjoy a homemade detox future.